Motor Vehicle Registration

Motor Vehicle Registration

Our MVR FAQs page is intended to answer the most common questions regarding motor vehicle registration.  The information is not intended to be complete or specific to all individual circumstances.  For further information please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (603) 648-2272 ext 1.  Download the Permission to Register Vehicle form here.

NH Bill of Sale

A proper NH Bill of Sale will be required for all non-titled motor vehicles (model year 1999 or older) in order to register the vehicle in New Hampshire.  Along with the Bill of Sale, one of the following documents is required:

  • Permanent NH registration on vehicle;
  • Valid NH or out-of-state Title of the vehicle (original);
  • Completed Verification of VIN.

Real ID