About Our Town
The Town of Webster was incorporated on July 4, 1860, which was previously a portion of Boscawen called West Boscawen, and currently has a population of 1,872 (2010 Census figures from Central New Hampshire Regional Planning) and 1,245 registered voters as of the beginning of 2012. Webster is made up of two districts — the agricultural/residential zone and the second zone is residential only which covers the Pillsbury Lake District shown on Map 10 of the Tax Map. Webster is often referred to as a bedroom town.
The Town is governed by a three member Select Board. A more detailed "Welcome to Webster" information booklet is available at the Town Office.
Webster is part of the Merrimack Valley School District, which is comprised of five Towns. These Towns are Webster, Salisbury, Boscawen, Penacook and Loudon.
Webster is home to the Blackwater Dam, consisting of over 1,100 acres, owned and managed by the US Government.